It is our pleasure to announce the forthcoming academic conference, "Architectural Archaeology-2024", organised by the Institute of Archaeology of the Russian Academy of Sciences in collaboration with the Vladimir-Suzdal Museum-Reserve and the participation of the Novgorod State United Museum-Reserve. This prestigious event will take place from 9 to 11 April 2024 in the historic city of Vladimir. The conference will be hosted by the Vladimir-Suzdal Museum-Reserve.
We extend a warm invitation to scholars actively engaged in architectural archaeology, a discipline dedicated to the systematic study of man-made structures that are either wholly or partially concealed beneath the earth, as well as the broader study of architectural antiquities.
The conference will address a range of topics including but not limited to:
- Presenting the results of recent architectural and archaeological research to enhance the understanding of the finds;
- Offering new interpretations of previously excavated sites;
- Discussing diverse methodologies used in the archaeological study and documentation of architectural artefacts;
- Providing insights into the display and musealisation of researched objects;
- Suggesting theoretical generalisations derived from materials obtained through architectural and archaeological research;
- Exploring interdisciplinary aspects related to architectural archaeology, involving philology, art history, materials science, and other relevant disciplines;
- Research into the natural scientific dimensions of architectural sites and archeological finds.
Contributions presented during the conference will be considered for publication in the annual proceedings of "Architectural Archaeology."
Presentations will be given in person, with a maximum time limit of 20 minutes per paper. Applications for participation will be accepted until 10 March 2024 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Evgenia Prorokova).
When submitting your application, please include the following information
- Full name;
- Title of the presentation;
- A short abstract of the presentation (no more than 700 characters);
- A request for an official invitation (if necessary).
We look forward to your scholarly contributions and to the pleasure of your company at this intellectually stimulating academic gathering.